CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 03, 2007

A fall from grace

I ate sugar today.

Those of you who know me know that I do NOT eat sweets with refined sugar in them.

I have eaten sugar on purpose.

I've had accidents before.

This was not an accident.

My neighbor brought by a pina colada shake.

I drank it.

Moments later another neighbor came by with some beautiful Finnish pastries.

I was home alone.

I ate four of them.

I ATE FOUR OF THEM.

Was it worth it, you say???

Oh my no.

Aside from feelings of self-disgust, I'm sporting a killer headache, intense irritability, and my stomach has bloated up like a pillow. I also am rather hopped up so sleep isn't going to come for a while. All of these great reminders to NEVER do that again. What was I thinking??? I think I just forgot what it does to me. Now I remember.

Sugar is no good for me, no good, no good.
I need to eat sugar free, for good, for good.

I can't believe I didn't erase that.

Gratitude:
1/Clouds to cover up the blaring sun
2/sugar free sweets
3/my pretty petunias on the front porch
4/petzyme
5/a good hair day

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Lizbah,

Don't beat yourself up too badly about having eaten the sugar... there is always tomorrow and that headache will definately help remind you next time to just say no! I wish that sugar gave me side effects like that so as to deter me from having them! I love sugar WAAAAAY too much that it has added several lumps on my bottom that were not there, even right after I had Tucy. Atkins... here I come, for at least a few months, te get me back to a manageable weight and size.