CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 20, 2006

True Friend

There are some people in your life who you just feel were sent specifically to be there for you... I don't know if that is true or not, but I feel it today. I don't want to sound corny and say that they are angels, but what is another word ??? Nice people who are there for you? I guess the best word for it is a friend-- of the truest kind. There is a lady in my town who is that kind of person for me... it is uncanny how she is there when I need it the most. My hubby and I sometimes just laugh at how amazing she is. She is the Young Women's President in our ward, a mother of eight, involved in just about everything you could be in, and she still has time to be my friend... and I, with my crazily non-stressful life, --- well, lets just say I am not the most perfect friend, and I could take a few pointers from her.

The main thing about living out in our small countryish town is that I don't mesh with too many people here, i.e., I don't have many friends. Sometimes I would like to know more people, but many people here are related and are very close-knit, and don't really need any outsiders like me. Then there's also the fact that I just don't get them. They are some strange kind of breed, and I start to get to know them, but then realize I don't know how to get along with their kind. I have had problems with this ever since we moved here over five years ago, and it is a great cause of grief to me, mainly because I just get lonely. Even though I have dear friends and family in Salt Lake, it really makes a difference if you can have people in your immediate proximity to depend on for some social interaction and support.
Anyway, back to my Friend. I was feeling especially leperous and lonely today ( do I repel people with my personality? I've done so before) when I went to this lady's house to borrow some keys to get into our ward building. Since I am in Young Women's with this lady I tend to see her multiple times in a week, and so when she opened the door I asked " Are you sick of me yet?" thinking she would just laugh and say something polite like, "Silly girl!" Instead, she just smiled, and gave me a HUG. Never have I needed a hug more, and never has something so small meant so much to me. It said "You are someone I like to see, someone I like to be around, and are not the pathetic loser you think you are" right when I was SURE I was the opposite. I am not going to post any gratitude today because that counts for all five....

3 comments:

Terri said...

Lidder~
You are SUCH a sweet friend to me!!! I love that everytime we get together, though it isn't much... it feels as though we've never skipped a beat. You are the epitome of true friend to me. The kind that when you haven't seen eachother for a year or more we never feel estranged. Always comfortable around eachother. It seems like we're still teenagers when we're together.I also know
that you will love me for me and like me regardless of the stupid mistakes that I've made and continue to make.*
ALSO- Whenever you need to talk or ANYTHING, I am sooooooo always here for you. I'm so serious. Please call!
ANd, the nonsense about you feeling like a loser just kills me. You are one of the MOST talented and beautiful women I know- You are f*(ing fantastically-is that a word? amazing. I want you to ALWAYS remember that I LOVE YOU, am always here for you, no matter how little we actually get together and I know that you are there for me too. Don't be blue! You are so COO!!!
Man,I love to rhyme.
Oh yeah... TEA PARTY... * We need to talk soon about that!
LOVe, LOVe, LOVE,
Tedder*~*~*

lily said...

Tedderooni!

Thank you for being so great...I didn't mean to sound so "poor me" but you are such a great friend, and thanks for your encouraging words. YES... I am thinking about our tea party, too. I just got a recipe for scones that I am dying to try out for the occasion!

Thanks for being there for me!

Love,

Lidder

Terri said...

Lidderooni!!!
-always.
:~) Scones sound freaking FANTABULOUS! I want to make invitations, but we need to talk before I do...
And you never sound pathedder. just sadder, little Lidder. Idder lodder youdder Lidder!~
Tedder*