CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 25, 2006

I just finished eating my nightly peanut butter and honey open-faced sandwich. I do not know when I am going to outgrow them. I have probably eaten an average of one peanut butter sandwich per day my entire life. Do I admit that I have a problem? Yes. It's not only the frequency with which I have eaten them that makes me know it's not normal, but it's also the fact that I have perfected the art of pb & h sandwich- making to a tee. That's sad.

Recipe for Success

2 slices sprouted wheat Grandma Sycamore bread
peanut butter (chunky--you know it)
honey

Place one slice of bread on a flat surface, and slather on a generous amount of peanut butter with a knife, taking care not to tear apart the bread. Drizzle honey on top of peanut butter, approximately one tablespoon. Spread evenly over peanut butter, top with remaining slice of bread. Place sandwich in the microwave for 25 seconds ( no more) let sit for 30 seconds. Serve with tall glass of 1% milk.

To me the only thing better than peanut butter is melted peanut butter & honey together. If that ain't comfort food, I do not know what is. Oh I'm a sick girl all right. But it's the only food that does the trick. I just remembered there is a picture of me when I am about four or five where I am holding an open-faced peanut butter sandwich with a big Miss Piggy smile on my face. Some things never change.


I am grateful for the chance I have to make new memories in a new house
I am grateful tomorrow is finally Friday. I finally got my hubby to agree hike to Timpanogos Cave with me.
I am grateful my whole family decided to join us in the fun.
I am grateful for Mozart's Requiem
I am grateful it's time to go the cabin once more. I can't wait to get up there. (maybe that is why this is my favorite time of year)

3 comments:

Lollygagger said...

Lily,

All I do is eat peanut butter sandwiches. When I'm working on a paper, my sink gets full of peanutbuttery knives because I just make a chain of sandwiches, always thinking "This one will be my last."

Mle said...

liaz! when are you doing timp?

TRACI said...

Lil*
That truly is the ultimate P&B! One of my favorite sandwiches as well and I make mine almost just how you make it! (I typicaly toast the bread oh so lightly right before...)
Traci