CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dress Rehearsal???

It's getting close... Five hours till the big dress rehearsal for my play. The problem??? I don't have a dress yet! For those of you who have been in plays you know my dilemma. And for those of you who know how vain I am...Well, you can imagine my agony. The Secret Garden is of course set at the turn of the century ( the last turn of the century.. I guess we have to specify which one now) and I need to run the show with a dress so as to figure out how to maneuver it w/ out tripping all over the place. ( I have already fallen off the stage once during rehearsals and that was in jeans) The character I'm playing is supposed to be this graceful floating ghost...It won't do to have her clumsy, it just won't. I have tried on costume after costume, they are mostly too tight (which isn't so hot for the body image) or too loose, or they have gargantuan stains all over them, or they are just plain awful. Yes, this is community theater, so I can't expect much, but all the other ladies in the play have these really pretty ruffly dresses and they didn't save any for me!!! Do you know how important it is to feel pretty at a time like this??? It may sound so superficial, but it MATTERS. But no one in the play can know that because then they will know how vain I really am. It's embarrassing. But I have to be honest about it to someone so I can move one with life!

Maybe if I put my focus on the performance instead of my appearance, all will fall into place (and not off the stage)

Gratitude for Tuesday:
1) I am grateful for the big beautiful cloud that covered the sun while I was on my walk today (there are no trees here and although I love the sun dearly it gets bright)
2) I am grateful my friend could be in this play w/ me ( we have tried to be in the same play for years)
3) I am grateful that I can hear and that the meadowlark are back for the spring to sing to me
4) I am grateful for second chances
5) I am grateful for pansies

4 comments:

Mle said...

Hurray! You get to do Your Role! I am so proud of you, Lil! Did you get a dress in time? A good one? Dress rehearsal must mean that Openin' Night is like, today? So break a leg, then. And post all about it! Hurrah!

Lollygagger said...

You are going to look pretty no matter what because you just ARE! You're the most lovely, Lily person ever! And not nearly as vain as you think you are!

Sarah said...

Lidder!

Where is your play at? I would love to come and see it. I found your link from Lolly's blog. I love the internet for this reason... I get to keep in touch with my dear friends that I have not been in touch with for so long!

lily said...

Sarah!
Hi!!! How are you? My play is in Bountiful and it runs Thurs-Sat & Mondays. I would love to see you!! How is that sister of yours??? Do you have a blog??? I would love to visit it!