CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shuffle Ball Change

Oh I am so excited... I am one step (or falap) closer to taking a tap class. I FINALLY ordered some tap shoes from Dance Distributors... it's only taken me two years to fork over the cash. I have wasted so much money on stupid things that don't mean anything, when all I wanted all along were my taps. As soon as my job ends ( three days left and counting) I am on the search for an intermediate adult tap class.... wish me luck! If I can't find one then my brand new hardwood floors are going to be ruined because I won't be able to contain myself. The last time I tapped was in Nunsense last year ( "Tackle That Temptation With a Time Step") and that is twelve months too long to go without clickin' muh heels. GOTTA DANCE GOTTA DANCE GOTTA DANCE...I guess I could turn on some Gene Kelly to tide me over.

Gratitude for Wednesday ( or early Thurs morning, that is)
1) I am grateful today is over.
2) I am grateful that I didn't throw my car bill away.. I thought it was junk mail.
3) I'm SO grateful for garbage men--all you have to do is wheel out the garbage can and they swoop it away like magic!!!! ( yes, I know it goes somewhere-- we could all do better w/ recycling)
4) I am grateful for each second I am in a play ( are you sick of me talking about it already?) Every day I'm in a play is a good day.
5) Strangely enough, I will be grateful to have my life sort of back when the play is over next weekend...I never thought I would feel that way. Thank you, Lord... there is Grace after all. I don't deserve it.

P.S. I have no idea how fallap? falap? fulap? is spelled.... Please can somebody help me??

10 comments:

Mle said...

"They swoop it away like magic!" That's why we call it Magic Night!

Fuhlap? Fellap? Fallappe? Or how about, "F'lap?"

I was thinkin' about tappin' just yesterday, on my walk through the gulch. I would SO love to take tap one day. It's one of those things that I always come back to, like if I did a Things to Do Before I Die-type list, tap would be right at the top, as one of the first things I'd think of.

Mle said...

p.s. wut are you doing up so late, lily???

Lollygagger said...

Lily, you have the hugest garage in the whole wide world so this is what you do: get a big plank of wood and put in your garage and then tap dance on it.

And I think f'lap is just spelled flap, but it is said as two syllables because it takes two beats to do.

I SHOULD take tap too but I'm too broke. Last time I took tap was in a kind of rundown dance studio on the Upper West Side, which was very romantical, but then I took it way too seriously and plus wore these really ugly tan pants that I mistakenly thought you could also wear out on the street and so one day after work I changed into them and a tank top in the work bathroom and then our in-house lawyer saw me and I didn't realize till later how embarrassed I should be and I regret to inform you that wasn't the only time I changed into this outfit in a bathroom somewhere but I actually also did so in the bathroom of the Empire State Building observatory because I was hot and I was with none other than Binny and what must she have thought?

Mle said...

I'm sure it's just "flap," but that's not nearly as fun as FHULLAPPE!

Sarah said...

I so want to take a tap class again, but I have to take a jazz class first. That is what I have on my list. #18 Take a Jazz Class. I did love when I took tap though. You feel so free shuffling everywhere!

I am proud of you for getting the shoes... that is the first step. I think that Mle still has mine from when you guys were in Anything Goes at SLCC. That was soooo long ago. I guess I should just buy new tap shoes, but jazz shoes need to come first. YAY! That makes me so happy that you are going to take a tap class!

lily said...

MLE
Thank you for the laugh... I needed it---F'lap!!! That's it!! I felt so stupid after I wrote that because I EVENTUALLY realized that it is probably just flap said in two syllables...shoulda done my "musing" in private before I let everyone know how motarded I am. But I don't care if anyone thinks I'm the biggest tap ignoramous ever, because from now on, it's F'lap. I can't tell you how much I love it!
P.S. I don't know how to respond to the other comments... I couldn't schlaff last night-- it is too noisy to do anything but read a book or write because the old man is the lightest sleeper ever. It drives me crazy!!!

lily said...

Lolly!
I think that plank thing is a great idea, but you know me... I will need a big mirror to go with it... maybe this will be good for me to learn how to live without one. I think I know what tan pants you are talking about and I can't even stand how hilarious you are. Where the hecky weck else are you supposed to change in that town BUT the bathroom??? I love that Binny was with you. I don't ever know what she is up to. She's worse than I am at keeping in touch. I think Eroni is the worst, though!!!
P.S You don't need to take any tap classes, you are the MASTER. I hope to be as good as you one day. We should choreograph a dance w/ you n me to Buddy Holly.

lily said...

Sarah!

I love that you have the dancing bug too!!!!I tried jazz again a couple of years ago, and it just hurt my neck and made me feel like I was trying to be a Solid Gold dancer ten years too late. I realized that tap is for me right now.
P.S. I have some dance sneakers... what size do you wear???? I hardly ever use them... they might work.

Terri said...

Lidder!!!
It's Tedder!!!

I wanna tappa witha youaahh!!
Look how cute you are! I-dder mi-dder you-dder so-dder mu-dder!!!
Look at me blogging too~
YOU GO GIRL!

Terri*

Unknown said...

have a 2G i phone i had downloaded the latest update 3.1 i think from i tunes not knowing the problem of not to download it but then once i did it locked my i phone only displaying the emergency pad is there a way for me to unlock it and i do not have a Sim card i just want tose it as an i pod right now not as a phone
r4i software